Specialty Instructor Seminar (SPI) dates
Are you an SSI professional and finding that the coronavirus restrictions are preventing you from getting to the water? Would like to be able to teach the "dry" courses but haven't yet become an instructor in them?
We have the solution for you! We are running a series of webinar-based events for conducting Specialty Instructor Seminars with our resident Instructor Trainer Adam! These seminars are for the "dry" courses, namely
- Marine Ecology.
- Fish Identification.
- Coral Identification.
- Shark Ecology.
- Sea Turtle Ecology.
- Manta and Ray Ecology.
- Enriched Air Nitrox.
- Science of Diving.
- Equipment Techniques.
- A review of the program student digital learning.
- A review of the program’s instructor materials and training standards.
- A review of the SSI Total Teaching System and how to teach continuing education.
- Academic presentations and evaluation using the Academic Teaching Evaluation form and criteria.
- Completing the final student exam with a passing score of at least 90%.
Prior to the start of training, each candidate should:
- Read the applicable parts of the SSI Training Standards.
- Purchase the online digital kit (from your pro area)
- Complete the digital learning materials.
- Review the instructor manual, PEGs, and cue cards/wetnotes.
- Review the final exam.
- Prepare an academic teaching session as directed, and following the Academic Teaching Evaluation form and criteria.
These seminars will be run every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 10:00, starting Monday 6th April until Friday 24th April. However, if these dates/times are not suitable, we can arrange a special ad hoc session to meet your requirements.
The price for this session is £50, not including the kit for the relevant course (you can order this for yourselves of we can order it for you).
Contact us to enrol on the course and you could be teaching the new courses within a matter of days!