The SSI Full Cave Diving program provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct cave penetration dives using the Rule of Thirds concept of gas management, at depths within the diver's current certi cation, using specialised cave diving equipment and procedures with an equally-qualified dive buddy.
Hold a Cave Diving certi cation or equivalent.
- Have logged 75 dives with at least ten dives inside cave environments.
- For CCR Full Cave Diving (in addition to the above):
- Be certified in CCR Extended Range on the unit being used. Have at least 50 dives and a minimum of 100 logged hours on the specific unit being used.
- Open Water Dives: 4 days
- Maximum Training Depth: Divers depth qualification.
- Suggested Duration: 20 hours
The minimum required student equipment for the Full Cave Diving program includes:
A complete Extended RangeTotal Diving System.
A suitable primary light and a minimum of two back-up lights.
Two reels or spools per diver (one should be a safety spool with a minimum of 45m of cave line). One primary line reel per diver.
Three line arrows and five non-directional cookies.
One jump/gap reel per diver.
We will complete an academic development classroom session. You must complete a final exam with a passing score of 80%.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village on a Friday evening at 7:30pm or alternate venues may be discussed.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and skill development 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with thorough de-briefing and feedback given at the end of each day.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Full Cave Diving certification entitles the holder to dive on cave dives using specialised cave diving equipment and procedures, providing that dives are conducted in environments similar to those of the diver's training and experience. The Rule of Thirds concept of gas management must be used on all dives.