The SSI Advanced Wreck Diving program provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct limited penetration, no-decompression dives within the daylight zone, to a maximum depth of 30 meters or linear distance of 40 meters, and using specialised overhead environment equipment and procedures, with an equally or more qualified buddy.
The training required for this type of diving is overhead buoyancy control, new finning techniques, optional laying safety line and the proper use of a light. The program can be completed wearing a single cylinder with either a pony cylinder or H/Y valve. You will earn the SSI Advanced Wreck Diving Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 15.
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver and 24 logged dives.
- Academic Sessions: 1.
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: 1 Optional.
- Open Water Dives: 4.
- Maximum Training Depth: 30 meters.
- The maximum linear distance is 40 meters, or the maximum certification depth of the diver, whichever is shallower.
- Suggested Duration: 6 - 10 hours
You will be sent an e-mail allowing access to the SSI online academics. You can use a computer or any digital device to login, update your profile and start the learning process. The multimedia academics with videos and multiple choice questions keep learning fun and ensure you are perfectly prepared for your water sessions.
All sessions are followed by a thorough debriefing and discussion about your performance, helping you learn. On successful completion you will be issued with a certificate of completion and a digital recognition rating (via MySSI App). Once you have logged 12 dives you will also automatically receive the specialty recognition rating.
As with all Divemaster Scuba Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- All Kit Hire is included
- All Pool fees are included
- All Air fills are included
- Instructor time is included
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village in Nottingham at 7.45pm every Friday.
Open Water sessions are held minimum twice per month on a Sunday. See calendar for details.
As with all of our programs this course can be offered as an exclusive 1 on 1 program.