The SSI Altitude Diving program provides students with basic knowledge and skills needed to safely dive at elevations above 300 meters. There are many high mountain lakes and most have a very good visibility. If you dive in a body of water 300 to 3000 meters (1000 to 10000 feet) above sea level, you call this Altitude Diving. Most decompression algorithms have been designed to plan dives up to 300 meters (1000 feet). During your Altitude Diving program, you will find everything you need to safely plan dives at a higher altitude.
- Minimum Age: 10.
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver.
- Academic Sessions: Online learning.
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Optional.
- Open Water Dives: Optional.
- Maximum open water depth limit: 30 meters.
Maximum open water depth limit for 12 to 14 year-olds: 18 meters.
Maximum open water depth limit for 10 and 11 year-olds: 12 meters.
- Suggested Duration: 3 - 6 hours
You will be sent an e-mail allowing access to the SSI online academics. You can use a computer or any digital device to login, update your profile and start the learning process. The multimedia academics with videos and multiple choice questions keep learning fun and ensure you are perfectly prepared for any water sessions.
The optional open water dives are conducted over one day at a site that provides the necessary altitude requirements. You would complete 2 dives under the guidance of our experienced instructors. We will teach you everything there is to know to dive safely and comfortably in your chosen subject area.
All sessions are followed by a thorough debriefing and discussion about your performance, helping you learn. On successful completion, you will be issued with a certificate of completion and a digital recognition rating (via MySSI App).
As with all Divemaster Scuba Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- All Kit Hire is included
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included
- All Air fills are included
- Instructor time is included
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Open Water sessions for this course require access to a high altitude site, so will need to be on a scheduled trip or specially arranged session. Please contact us for details.
As with all of our programs this course can be offered as an exclusive 1 on 1 program.