This program provides candidates with the knowledge, concepts and training necessary to organise and conduct the Assistant Instructor training program. Candidates will learn how to evaluate and provide feedback to dive professional candidates in a variety of in-water and academic settings. Candidates who complete this program earn the SSI Assistant Instructor Trainer certification.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Candidate Prerequisites: Divemaster Instructor or equivalent.
- Have minimum number and categories of certifications in line with standards
- Complete and pass all evaluations.
- Academic Sessions: Varies
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Varies
- Open Water Sessions: Varies. Max Depth 40m
- Suggested Duration: 30-45 hours
You will be sent an e-mail allowing access to the SSI online academics. You can use a computer or any digital device to login, update your profile and start the learning process. The multimedia academics with videos and multiple choice questions keep learning fun and ensure you are perfectly prepared for your water sessions. We can also work with individual candidates depending on their needs.
All times and venues for courses will be confirmed nearer the time. Most courses are held at Divemaster Scuba but alternative venues and Dive Centres are possible if demand is sufficient.
All sessions are followed with thorough debriefing and discussion about your performance helping you learn. On successful completion you will be issued with a certificate of completion and a digital recognition rating (via MySSI App).
In addition to the programs taught by active status Divemaster and Assistant Instructors, Assistant Instructor Trainers may also teach
- Assistant Instructors.
- Conduct Speciality Instructor seminars (provided they hold the relevant Speciality Instructor rating).
- Provide assistance to Instructor Trainers teaching Instructor Level programs.
As with all Divemaster Scuba Professional Programs
- Certification lasts for life, however you must maintain Active Status requirements
- As a Dive Professional you should have your own Total Diving System
- All Pool fees are included
- All Air fills are included
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Dive professional registration, and course learning fees are payable to direct SSI.
Physical materials for the course are available through the dive centre: