This program provides you with the knowledge and experience required to independently plan and conduct cavern penetration dives within the light zone at depths shallower than 40 meters. You will learn how to use specialised cavern diving equipment, gas management concepts and buddy team skills to safely conduct cavern dives. You will earn the SSI Cavern Diving Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Certification Prerequisites: Advanced Open Water Diver certification & 24 logged dives
- Academic Sessions: Varies
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: 1
- Open Water Dives: 4
- Maximum Training Depth: 40m
- Suggested Duration: 12 hours
You will be sent an e-mail allowing access to the SSI online academics. You can use a computer or any digital device to login, update your profile and start the learning process. The multimedia academics with videos and multiple choice questions keep learning fun and ensure you are perfectly prepared for your water sessions.
The open water dives are conducted over several days at a location that allows easy safe access to the water and provides the necessary cavern or cenotes environment. You will complete 4 dives under the guidance of our experienced instructors. We will teach you everything there is to know to dive safely and comfortably in your chosen subject area.
All sessions are followed by a thorough debriefing and discussion about your performance, helping you learn. On successful completion, you will be issued with a certificate of completion and a digital recognition rating (via MySSI App).
As with all Divemaster Scuba Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- All Kit Hire is included
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included
- All Air fills are included
- Instructor time is included
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village in Nottingham at 7.45pm every Friday.
Open Water sessions for this course require access to a cavern or cenotes environment so will need to be on a scheduled trip or specially arranged session. Please contact us for details.
As with all of our programs this course can be offered as an exclusive 1 on 1 program.