If you currently hold a rating from another recognised agency and see the "Limitless SSI Possibilities", we have a simplified crossover program. We recognise that as a qualified dive professional, you already know how to supervise and train divers. The crossover is designed to simply familiarise you with the SSI Total Teaching System and the difference in our water training skills. It's that simple. The ratings you currently hold with your recognised agency will be matched one-to-one with SSI ratings. After completion, you can continue your career with SSI without limits! This course also acts as an update for SSI Professionals who have been in inactive status for at least 2 years.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Candidate Prerequisites: Hold equivalent rating within the last 2 years, meet minimum requirements for the SSI rating. A Divemaster Professional crossover must have completed the Science of Diving knowledge and skill assessment.
- Completion requirements: 100 logged Dives, totalling 65 hours or more, complete and pass all requirements and evaluations.
- Academic Sessions: Varies
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Varies
- Open Water Sessions: Varies. Max Depth 40m
- Suggested Duration: 1-3 days
You will be sent an e-mail allowing access to the SSI online academics. You can use a computer or any digital device to login, update your profile and start the learning process. The multimedia academics with videos and multiple-choice questions keep learning fun and ensure you are perfectly prepared for your water sessions and academic sessions.
The course usually takes 1 day for Divemasters, 2 days for Assistant Instructors and Open Water Instructors, and 3 days for Assistant Instructor Trainers. If you are not sure which level you would crossover to, please contact us for advice. There are academic sessions learning the history and philosophy and education system of SSI. You will be updated on your academic and in-water teaching, professionalism, decision-making, and your knowledge of the education system. Pool sessions are where we will refresh your in-water teaching specifically looking at SSI methodology. This involves role-playing, observations and evaluations.
All times and venues for courses will be confirmed nearer the time. Most courses are held at Divemaster Scuba but alternative venues and Dive Centres are possible if demand is sufficient. All sessions are followed with thorough debriefing and discussion about your performance helping you learn.
As with all Divemaster Scuba Professional Programs:
- Certification lasts for life. However, you must maintain Active Status requirements.
- As a Dive Professional, you should have your own Total Diving System.
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included.
- All Air fills are included.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Dive professional registration fees are payable to direct SSI and are not included. £108
Physical materials for the course are available through the dive centre:
Divemaster level crossover candidates must have the SSI Base Package.