This program provides you with an introduction to the concepts and skills used by recreational freedivers, and allows you to dive dive in a confined water environment with an SSI Dive Professional.You will earn the SSI Try Freediving recognition rating after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 10
- Certification Prerequisites: None
- Academic Sessions: Online training
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: 1
- Open Water Dives: None
- Maximum Training Depth: 5 meters / 15 feet
- Suggested Duration: Varies
Upon completion of a Training Record card and having registered with SSI you will have access to some online learning to help prepare you for the session.
The pool session will be at Harvey Hadden Sports Village at 7:30pm on Friday evenings.
You will cover some relaxation techniques and proper breathing patterns, physiology and the mammalian dive reflex, equipment, safety procedures as well as trying static and dynamic breath holds.
All sessions are followed with thorough debriefing and discussion about your performance helping you learn. On successful completion you will be issued with a certificate of completion and a digital recognition rating (via MySSI App).
As with all Divemaster Scuba Freediving Programs
- All Pool fees are included
- Instructor time is included
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Freediving equipment is a very tailored fit. We endeavour to have different sizes available for students to try but this is not always possible. See our range of apnea equipment for purchase.