This program provides the skills and concepts required to safely and comfortably dive underneath surface ice. You will learn the special requirements for diving in an overhead environment, the techniques and communication methods, and the specialised equipment used for ice diving. You will earn the SSI Ice Diving Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver & 24 logged dives
- Academic Sessions: Online learning
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Optional
- Open Water Dives: 2
- Maximum open water depth limit: 30 meters.
The maximum linear distance is 40 meters, or the maximum certification depth of the diver, whichever is shallower.
- Suggested Duration: 6 - 10 hours
You will be sent an E-mail allowing access to the SSI online academics you can use a computer or any digital device to login, update your profile and start the learning process. The multimedia academics with videos and multiple choice questions keep learning fun and ensure you are perfectly prepared for your water sessions.
The open water dives are conducted over one day at a site that provides the necessary ice coverage. You will complete 2 dives under the guidance of our experienced instructors. We will teach you everything there is to know to dive safely and comfortably in your chosen subject area.
All sessions are followed thorough debriefing and discussion about your performance helping you learn. On successful completion you will be issued with a certificate of completion and a digital recognition rating (via MySSI App).
As with all Divemaster Scuba Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- All Kit Hire is included
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included
- All Air fills are included
- Instructor time is included
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Open Water sessions for this course require access to a site with ice coverage, so will need to be on a scheduled trip or specially arranged session. Please contact us for details.
As with all of our programs this course can be offered as an exclusive 1 on 1 program.