The SSI SCR Diving program provides divers with the knowledge and training necessary to independently plan and conduct semi-closed rebreather (SCR) dives to a maximum depth of 30 meters, using an SCR Total Diving System and SCR diving procedures with an equally- or more-qualified dive buddy.
This course is designed for the Mares Horizon SCR, The Horizon is a Semi-Closed Rebreather which in easy terms is a Nitrox gas extender. It is built to be simple to make diving it even easier than open circuit and give you even more diving time. Find more here
- Minimum Age: 18
- Have logged at least 24 total dives
- Have the following SSI certifications or an equivalent from a recognised training agency: Enriched Air Nitrox 40, Deep Diving
A complete SCR Total Diving System that:
- A semi-closed rebreather that has CE-type and SSI approval
- A single bottom gas cylinder (minimum volume: 5.7 liters) and bailout regulator with:
- Second stage with 1- to 2-meter hose and SPG
- Low-pressure inflator hose or quick-connect compatible with the unit
- Oxygen cleaned as required
- Exposure suit appropriate for the environment
- A cutting device
- One signaling device for deploying from depth (red surface marker buoy is recommended, but follow local guidelines)
- A reel or spool (appropriate for the maximum planned depth)
- One surface signaling device (whistle or similar)
- Manufacturer and/or SSI Pre-Dive Checklist
We will complete an academic development classroom session. Here we will complete a full equipment configuration. You must complete a final exam with a passing score of 80%.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village on a Friday evening at 7:30pm or alternate venues may be discussed.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and skill development 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with thorough de-briefing and feedback given at the end of each day.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
CCR Diving certification entitles the holder to dive with an equally- or more qualified buddy, with the equipment configuration used during training, and CCR diving procedures to depths of up to 30 meters, not requiring staged decompression stops, providing that dives are conducted in environments similar to those of the diver's training and experience.