Stress is a major cause of diving accidents and negatively impacts rescue situations. This program teaches you the skills and knowledge required to recognise and deal with stress, prevent accidents and properly deal with emergency situations encountered by divers. You will earn the SSI Diver Stress and Rescue Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 12
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver
- Must have current first aid + CPR certificate (e.g. SSI React Right) to complete the program
- Academic Sessions: Online learning
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: 3 minimum
- Open Water Dives: 3 minimum
- Maximum open water depth limit: 30 meters.
Maximum open water depth limit for 12- to 14-year-olds: 18 meters.
Suggested Duration: 10 - 15 hours
You will be sent an E-mail allowing access to the SSI online academics. You can use a computer or any digital device to login, update your profile and start the learning process. The multimedia academics with videos and multiple choice questions keep learning fun and ensure you are perfectly prepared for your water sessions.
Open water dives are conducted over two days at Stoney Cove or another location that allows easy safe access to the water. You will complete at least 3 dives under the guidance of our experienced instructors. We will teach you everything there is to know to dive safely and comfortably in your chosen subject area.
All sessions are followed by a thorough debriefing and discussion about your performance helping you learn. On successful completion, you will be issued with a certificate of completion and a digital recognition rating (via MySSI App).
As with all Divemaster Scuba Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- All Kit Hire is included
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included
- All Air fills are included
- Instructor time is included
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Pool sessions are held at Divemaster Scuba on weekday evenings or selected Saturdays.
Open Water sessions are held minimum twice per month on a Sunday. See calendar for details.
As with all of our programs this course can be offered as an exclusive 1 on 1 program.