Water motion can have a tremendous effect on your diving experience This program gives you the skills and knowledge required to conduct dives from shore, in currents, and in different types of waves. Students completing this program earn the SSI Waves, Tides and Currents Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 10
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver
- Academic Sessions: Online learning
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Optional
- Open Water Dives: 2
- Maximum open water depth limit: 30 meters.
Maximum open water depth limit for 12 to 14 year-olds: 18 meters.
Maximum open water depth limit for 10 and 11 year-olds: 12 meters.
- Suggested Duration: 6 - 10 hours
You will be sent an E-mail allowing access to the SSI online academics you can use a computer or any digital device to login, update your profile and start the learning process. The multimedia academics with videos and multiple choice questions keep learning fun and ensure you are perfectly prepared for your water sessions.
The open water dives are conducted over one day at a site that provides the necessary waves and current conditions. You will complete 2 dives under the guidance of our experienced instructors. We will teach you everything there is to know to dive safely and comfortably in your chosen subject area.
All sessions are followed with a thorough debriefing and discussion about your performance helping you learn. On successful completion, you will be issued with a certificate of completion and a digital recognition rating (via MySSI App).
As with all Divemaster Scuba programs
- Certification lasts for life
- All Kit Hire is included
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included
- All Air fills are included
- Instructor time is included
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Open Water sessions for this course require access to a site with waves and/or current conditions, so will need to be on a scheduled trip or specially arranged session. Please contact us for details.
As with all of our programs this course can be offered as an exclusive 1 on 1 program.