The intent of the SSI XR Cavern Diving program is to provide divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct cavern penetration dives within the light zone, at depths less than 40m, using specialised cavern diving equipment and the Rule of Sixths gas management concept.
- Be certfied in Enriched Air Nitrox 40 or equivalent.
- Have logged at least 24 open water dives.
- For XR CCR Cavern Diving (in addition to the above):
- Be certified CCR Diving on the unit being used. Have at least 20 dives, and at least 30 logged hours on the specfic unit being used.
- Open Water Dives: 2 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 40 meters
- Suggested Duration: 12 hours
The minimum required equipment for the Extended Range Nitrox Diving program is:
A complete recreational Total Diving System, appropriate for single gas switch, non-accelerated decompression diving. One stage cylinder and stage regulator, oxygen cleaned as required or,
A complete recreational Sidemount Total Diving System, appropriate for single gas switch, non-accelerated decompression diving.
One stage cylinder and stage regulator, oxygen cleaned as required and,
Primary and back-up lights.
One safety spool with a minimum of 45m of line
One primary line reel per dive team. A minimum of two line arrows.
We will complete an academic development classroom session. You must complete a final exam with a passing score of 80%.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village on a Friday evening at 7:30pm or alternate venues may be discussed.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and skill development 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with thorough de-briefing and feedback given at the end of each day.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
The SSI XR Cavern Diving certification entitles the holder to dive on limited penetration, no-decompression dives in the daylight zone, using specialised cavern diving equipment and procedures to depths shallower than 40m (or to their maximum certification level, whichever is shallower), providing that dives are conducted in environments similar to those of the diver's training and experience.