This is the pinnacle of closed circuit rebreather diving. Here you will use all the knowledge, skills, equipment and experience from all of your previous training and push your limits to the extreme. The program qualifies you to execute dives to 100 meters / 330 feet using the same CCR Extended Range Total Diving System you mastered in previous programs. However, you will now use a minimum of two, maximum of three, stages for bailout gases. You will earn the SSI CCR Hypoxic Trimix certification after completing this program.Facts:
- Minimum Age: 18
- Certification Prerequisites: Science of Diving, Diver Stress and Rescue certification, CCR Technical Extended Range
- Logged 100 CCR dives
- Academic Sessions: min. 8 hours
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: 2
- Open Water Dives: 6
- Maximum Training Depth: 100 meters / 200 feet
- Suggested Duration: 40 hours
A complete CCR Total Diving System that:
1.Is approved by SSI and has CE-type approval (European version). Allows for manual addition of gas to the loop. Can be con gured so the onboard oxygen and diluent cylinders can be shut down
2. 3 bailout cylinders (minimumvolume:5.7liters) and a bailout regulator with: Second stage with 1-2 meter hose and SPG. Low-pressure inflator hose or quick-connect compatible with the unit. Oxygen cleaned as required
3. Backup OC/CCR computer for bailout in the event of a system failure
4. 2 surface marker buoys (SMB)
5. Spool or reel appropriate for the planned dive depth and an emergency spool
6. Back up Mask
7. 2 Cutting devices
8. Surface signaling devices
9. Manufacturer and/or SSI Pre-Dive Checklist
10.Access to emergency decompression gas, either by trailing, team sharing, staging or from support divers.
We will complete an academic development classroom session. Here we will complete a full equipment configuration. You must complete a final exam with a passing score of 80%.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village on a Friday evening at 7:30pm or alternate venues may be discussed.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and skill development 4 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with thorough de-briefing and feedback given at the end of each day.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
The CCR Hypoxic Trimix certification entitles the holder to dive autonomously with an equally- or more-qualified buddy, on dives using specialised diving equipment and procedures to depths of either 80m or 100m.
The Hypoxic Trimix 80m certification is the same as the 100m certi cation, with one exception: if conditions do not permit, or the students cannot make the deepest dives, divers may become certified at 80m after the first four core open water training dives.
After developing experience, and with an equally- or more-qualified buddy, a diver qualified to 100m may dive to depths in excess of 100m.