The intent of the CCR Technical Extended Range program is to provide divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct decompression dives to depths of up to 60 meters / 200 feet with an equally-qualified dive buddy, using a CCR unit and various stage cylinders for bail-out purposes. You will earn the CCR Technical Extended Range certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Certification Prerequisites: Science of Diving, Diver Stress and Rescue certification, CCR Extended Range
- Logged 50 CCR dives
- Academic Sessions: min. 8 hours
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: 2
- Open Water Dives: 6
- Maximum Training Depth: 60 meters / 200 feet
- Suggested Duration: 40 hours
A complete CCR Total Diving System that:
1.Is approved by SSI and has CE-type approval (European version)
2. A minimum of 2 bailout cylinder (minimum volume: 7 liters) and bailout regulator with: Second stage with 1-2 meter hose and SPG. Low-pressure inflator hose or quick-connect compatible with the unit. Oxygen cleaned as required
3. Backup OC/CCR computer for bailout in the event of a system failure
4. A surface marker buoy (SMB)
5. Spool or reel appropriate for the planned dive depth
6. Back up Mask
7. Cutting device
8. Surface signaling device
9. Manufacturer and/or SSI Pre-Dive Checklist
We will complete an academic development classroom session. Here we will complete a full equipment configuration. You must complete a final exam with a passing score of 80%.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village on a Friday evening at 7:30pm or alternate venues may be discussed.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and skill development 4 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with thorough de-briefing and feedback given at the end of each day.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
The SSI Technical Extended Range diving program builds upon skills and techniques learned as an SSI Extended Range Trimix Diver. During this course, you will go beyond the no-decompression limit by increasing your dive depth and duration. Using technical equipment and either an XR Sidemount or Twinset Total Diving System, Technical Extended Range diving provides avid underwater explorers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct unlimited decompression, mixed gas diving to depths of up to 60 metres.