The place to start - The XR Foundations program is designed to improve your buoyancy, trim and propulsion techniques and give a stable platform from which to improve all of your diving. The emphasis on in-water training in the Foundations course results in measurable improvements. The XR will get you ready for limited decompression in the XR Nitrox Diving course with a recreational pass or accelerated decompression in the XR Extended Range course with an Extended Range pass.
The intent of the SSI Extended Range Foundations program is to provide divers with a workshop environment to improve their skills to a high level using Extended Range Total Diving Systems and procedures.
The SSI Extended Range Foundations program provides you with a workshop environment to improve your skills to a high level using Extended Range Total Diving Systems and procedures. All training dives are completed in a confined water environment at depths less than 12 meters / 40 feet. You will earn the SSI Extended Range Foundations recognition card after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Certification Prerequisites: Enriched Air Nitrox 40% certification
- SSI Advanced Open Water Diver certification
- Have logged at least 24 dives.
- Open Water Dives: 2 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 12 meters
- Suggested Duration: 16 hours
All dives must be completed using one of the following configurations:
A complete Total Diving System
A complete Extended Range Nitrox Total Diving System (the second “backup” regulator or pony cylinder is not required for this program).
A complete Extended RangeTotal Diving System.
A complete Extended Range SidemountTotal Diving System.
We will complete a days classroom session with you individually tailoring your kit to you and discussing the techniques and principles of buoyancy, trim and propulsion.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
There are no Learning materials for this course as it is very much Instructor-led through workshops. We will schedule 1 day to complete the first part of the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and development of buoyancy, trim and propulsion. 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program with de-briefing at the end of each day.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.