This program provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct limited decompression dives to a maximum depth of 40 meters/130 feet using nitrox mixtures of up to 50% with an equally qualified dive buddy. Upon completion of the program the diver is certified as follows: SSI Extended Range Nitrox Instructor.
The SSI Extended Range Nitrox Diving Instructor Training Course certifies the candidate as an Extended Range Nitrox Diving Instructor
- Be an Open Water Instructor or equivalent.
- Be an Enriched Air Nitrox Instructor or equivalent.
- Be a Deep Diving Instructor or equivalent.
- Be a Diver Stress and Rescue Instructor or equivalent.
- Be a Science of Diving Instructor - The Science of Diving Instructor program may be completed in conjunction with the this program.
- Have logged at least 20 dives deeper than 30m.
- Hold an Extended Range Nitrox Diving certification.
- Provide their own Extended Range NitroxTotal Diving System.
- Complete the Extended Range Instructor Assessment Form and provide proof of the required teaching and diving experience.
- Open Water Dives: 2 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 40 meters
- Suggested Duration: 16 hours
Classroom academics session will be held at Divemaster Scuba.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village on a Friday evening at 7:30pm or alternate venues may be discussed.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the first part of the academic development. The Pool session will contain the swim test and development of trim, buoyancy and propulsion. 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with further a academic development session to be scheduled. Thorough de-briefing and feedback will be given at the end of each day.
Course content will cover:A review of all XR Standards and all SSI Dive Center/Resort Standards.
A dive planning session for orientation to the Extended Range Dive Planning Sheets.
A pool/confined water session that includes the presentation and the evaluation of all water skills required in the Extended Range Nitrox Diving program. All skills must be to demonstration standard.
Assist in planning and participate as a team member on at least one Extended Range Nitrox dive.
While acting as an instructor, plan and conduct at least one dive from the Extended Range Nitrox Diving program.
During the dive, the candidate will supervise an assistant or another instructor candidate acting as the student during the training dive.
Demonstrate the ability to rescue an unconscious diver by bringing the diver to the surface from a depth of between 5m and 10m, establishing positive buoyancy, evaluating the diver’s status, removing all equipment and removing the diver from the water. (Assistance may be used ONLY for the handling of equipment once it is removed from the diver).
Complete the water skills evaluation as outlined in the General Standards.
Complete the Extended Range Nitrox Diving Instructor final exam with a passing score of 90%.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Instructor Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Active status Extended Range Nitrox Diving Instructors may teach, supervise and issue certifications for the following program:
- Extended Range Nitrox Diving.
Dive professional registration and course learning fees are payable to direct SSI.
Physical materials for the course are available through the dive centre:
Candidates must have the Extended Range Instructor package for this course. The SSI Base Package and the SSI Instructor Base Package is also available to candidates who would like to update their instructor materials to the latest version of the package.