SSI Full Cave Diving allows complex navigation and you learn how to traverse, jump, tee and gap within the cave system. You will learn even more about a lost line, lost light, gas sharing and lost diver procedure. The Full Cave Diving Program is the highest level overhead environment program, providing all the tools needed to be a true explorer! Upon completion you will be certified as follows: SSI Full Cave Diving Instructor.
The SSI Full Cave Diving Instructor Training Course certi es the candidate as a Full Cave Diving Instructor.
- Be an Open Water Instructor or equivalent.
- Be an Enriched Air Nitrox Instructor or equivalent.
- Be a Deep Diving Instructor or equivalent.
- Be a Diver Stress and Rescue Instructor or equivalent.
- Be a Science of Diving Instructor.
- BE an Extended Range Instructor.
- Be a Cave Diving Instructor or equivalent.
- Be certi ed in Full Cave Diving.
- Provide their own Extended Range Total Diving System.
- Have logged 100 cave dives.
- Complete the Extended Range Instructor Assessment Form and provide proof of the required teaching and diving experience.
- Open Water Dives: 4 days
- Maximum Training Depth: Divers depth qualification.
- Suggested Duration: 30 hours
Classroom academics session will be held at Divemaster Scuba.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village on a Friday evening at 7:30pm or alternate venues may be discussed.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the first part of the academic development. The Pool session will contain the swim test and development of trim, buoyancy and propulsion. 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with further a academic development session to be scheduled. Thorough de-briefing and feedback will be given at the end of each day.
Course content will cover:
A review of all XR Standards and all SSI Dive Center/Resort Standards.
A dive planning session.
A pool/confined water session that includes the presentation and the evaluation of all water skills required in the Full Cave Diving program. All skills must be to demonstration standard.
While acting as an instructor, plan and conduct at least four full penetration dives from the Full Cave Diving program. During the dive, the candidate will supervise an assistant or another instructor candidate acting as the student during the training dive.
Demonstrate the ability to rescue an unconscious diver by traveling horizontally for 50 meters, then bringing the diver to the surface from a depth of between 5m and 10m, establishing positive buoyancy, evaluating the diver’s status, removing all equipment and removing the diver from the water. (Assistance may be used ONLY for the handling of equipment once it is removed from the diver) This skill must be completed pro ciently and without unnecessary time delays depending upon the conditions present at the rescue site.
Complete an appropriate equipment assembly workshop.
Complete the water skills evaluation as outlined in the General Standards. Complete the Full Cave Diving Instructor final exam with a passing score of 90%.
To complete the qualification one of the following criteria must be met:
Co-teach at least two complete Full Cave Diving programs with an active status Full Cave Diving Instructor Trainer and provide recommendation letters completed and signed by the Instructor Trainer for each class assisted. Co-teaching activities must take place after completion of the Full Cave Diving Instructor exam and prior to certification as a Full Cave Diving Instructor.
Certify ten or more divers at the Cave Diving level.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Full Cave Diving