The SSI Hypoxic Trimix program provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct limited decompression dives to depths of up to 100m, using specialised diving equipment and procedures with an equally- qualified dive buddy.
- Certification Prerequisites: Have Science of Diving and Stress and Rescue Certifications.
- Have logged at least 100 dives, 30 deeper than 30m, 10 deeper then50m and 20 requiring staged decompression with two gas switches. Be certified in Technical Extended Range Diving or equivalent.
- Open Water Dives: 5 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 80/100 meters
- Suggested Duration: 18 hours
The minimum required equipment for the Hypoxic Trimix program includes:
A complete Extended Range Total Diving System appropriate for multiple-gas switch, accelerated decompression diving.
Three or more stage cylinders and stage regulators, oxygen cleaned as required.
We will complete a days academic development classroom session. You must complete an Hypoxic Trimix final exam with a passing score of 80% and the Extended Range Trimix Exam with 80% if qualifying with Trimix. Be able to independently plan a full dive plan using the Extended Range Dive Planning sheet.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
Dives 1 and 2 must be conducted no deeper than 40m.
The third and fourth dives must be conducted no deeper than 80m, with at least one dive deeper than 75m. The fifth and sixth training dives must be conducted shallower than 100m.
One dive must be to minimum of 90m for certification.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the first part of the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and skill development. 5 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with thorough de-briefing and feedback given at the end of each day.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
The Hypoxic Trimix certification entitles the holder to dive using specialised diving equipment and procedures to depths of either 80m or 100m.
The Hypoxic Trimix 80m certification is the same as the 100m certification, with one exception: if conditions do not permit, or the or the students cannot make the deepest dives, divers may become certified at 80m after the first four dives.
After developing experience, and with an equally- or more-qualfied buddy, a diver qualfied to 100m may dive to depths in excess of 100m.