The SSI Technical Extended Range program provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct two-gas switch, multiple-stop decompression dives to depths of up to 50m (60m when using trimix), using specialised diving equipment and procedures with an equally-qualified dive buddy.
- Certification Prerequisites: Have Science of Diving and Stress and Rescue Certifications.
- Have logged at least 70 dives, 20 deeper than 30m an 10 requiring staged decompression with one gas switch. Be certified in Extended Range Nitrox Diving or equivalent.
- Open Water Dives: 3 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 50/60 meters
- Suggested Duration: 18 hours
All dives must be completed using one of the following configurations:
A complete Extended Range Total Diving System appropriate for multiple-gas switch, accelerated decompression diving.
Two stage cylinders and stage regulators, oxygen cleaned as required or,
A complete XR Sidemount Total Diving System appropriate for multiple-gas switch, accelerated decompression diving. Two stage cylinders and stage regulators, oxygen cleaned as required.
We will complete a days academic development classroom session. You must complete an Extended Range Diving final exam with a passing score of 80% and the Extended Range Trimix Exam with 80% if qualifying with Trimix. Be able to independently plan a full dive plan using the Extended Range Dive Planning sheet.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village on a Friday evening at 7:30pm or alternate venues may be discussed.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
Dives 1 and 2 must be conducted no deeper than 40m. The third and fourth training dives must be conducted no deeper than 45m. The fifth and sixth training dives must be conducted no deeper than 50m. One dive must be to a minimum of 45m for certfiication.
IF USING TRIMIX:
The fifth and sixth training dives must be conducted no deeper than 60m.
At least one dive during the program must be to a depth of 55m.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the first part of the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and skill development. 3 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with thorough de-briefing and feedback given at the end of each day.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Technical Extended Range certification entitles the holder to dive using specialised diving equipment and procedures, to depths of 50m (for Technical Extended Range) or 60m (for Technical Extended Range Trimix), and requiring unlimited staged decompression stops with a maximum of two gas switches.