The SSI Technical Wreck Diving program provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct full penetration dives inside ship wrecks or other structures, using specialised technical wreck diving equipment and procedures with an equally- or more-qualfied dive buddy.
- Be certified in Diver Stress and Rescue and be an Advanced Open Water Diver.
- Have logged at least 75 open water dives.
- Be certified in Extended Range or equivalent, XR Wreck or equivalent.
- Open Water Dives: 3 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 60 meters
- Suggested Duration: 20 hours
The minimum required equipment for the Technical Wreck Diving program includes:
A complete Extended Range Total Diving System.
A suitable primary light and a minimum of two back-up lights.
Two reels or spools per diver (one should be a safety spool with a minimum of 45m of cave line). One primary line reel per diver.
Three line arrows and three non-directional cookies.
One jump/gap reel per dive
We will complete an academic development classroom session. You must complete a final exam with a passing score of 80%.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village on a Friday evening at 7:30pm or alternate venues may be discussed.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and skill development 3 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with thorough de-briefing and feedback given at the end of each day.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Technical Wreck Diving certfication entitles the holder to dive on full penetration dives using specialised technical wreck diving equipment and procedures, providing that dives are conducted in environments similar to those of the diver's training and experience.
The Rule of Thirds concept of gas management must be applied to all dives.