This program allows unlimited decompression wreck penetration to a maximum depth of 60 meters (during training). Like the other overhead programs, the training required for this type of diving is overhead, high level buoyancy control, finning techniques, laying line and the proper use of a light. You will also learn about a lost line, lost light and lost diver procedure. Upon completion you will be certified as follows: SSI Technical Wreck Diving Instructor.
The SSI Technical Wreck Diving Instructor Training Course certi es the candidate as a Technical Wreck Diving Instructor.
- Be an Open Water Instructor or equivalent.
- Be an Enriched Air Nitrox Instructor or equivalent.
- Be a Deep Diving Instructor or equivalent.
- Be a Diver Stress and Rescue Instructor or equivalent.
- Be a Science of Diving Instructor.
- Be an Extended Range Instructor.
- Be an Advanced Wreck Diving Instructor or equivalent.
- Be certi ed in Technical Wreck Diving.
- Provide their own Extended Range Total Diving System.
- Have logged 50 technical wreck penetrations.
- Complete the Extended Range Instructor Assessment Form and provide proof of the required teaching and diving experience.
- Open Water Dives: 3 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 50/60 meters
- Suggested Duration: 20 hours
Classroom academics session will be held at Divemaster Scuba.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village on a Friday evening at 7:30pm or alternate venues may be discussed.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the first part of the academic development. The Pool session will contain the swim test and development of trim, buoyancy and propulsion. 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with further a academic development session to be scheduled. Thorough de-briefing and feedback will be given at the end of each day.
Course content will cover:
A review of all XR Standards and all SSI Dive Center/Resort Standards.
Complete the Technical Wreck Diving Instructor nal exam with a passing score of 90%. Complete the XR Water Fitness Evaluation.
Complete an appropriate equipment assembly workshop.
A dive planning session.
A con ned water session that includes the presentation and the evaluation of all water skills required in the Technical Wreck Diving program. All skills must be to demonstration standard.
While acting as an instructor, plan and conduct at least two full technical wreck penetration dives from the Technical Wreck Diving program. During the dive, the candidate will supervise an assistant or another instructor candidate acting as the student during the training dive.
Demonstrate the ability to rescue an unconscious diver by traveling horizontally for 50 meters, then bringing the diver to the surface from a depth of between 5m and 10m.
To complete the qualification one of the following criteria must be met:
Co-teach at least two complete Technical Wreck Diving programs with an active status Technical Wreck Diving Instructor Trainer and provide recommendation letters completed and signed by the Instructor Trainer for each class assisted. Co-teaching activities must take place after completion of the Technical Wreck Diving Instructor Exam and prior to certification as a Technical Wreck Diving Instructor.
Certify ten or more divers at the Advanced Wreck Diving level.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included
- All consumables are extra
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you
Technical Wreck Diving certfication entitles the holder to dive on full penetration dives using specialised technical wreck diving equipment and procedures, providing that dives are conducted in environments similar to those of the diver's training and experience.
The Rule of Thirds concept of gas management must be applied to all dives.