This program allows limited penetration into wrecks with an overhead environment. The training required for this type of diving is overhead buoyancy control, new finning techniques, laying safety line and the proper use of a light. The program can be completed wearing a single cylinder with either a pony cylinder or H/Y valve or a technical total diving system. Upon completion of the program the diver is certified as follows: SSI XR Advanced Wreck Diving Instructor.
- Be an Open Water Instructor or equivalent.
- Be an Enriched Air Nitrox Instructor or equivalent.
- Be a Deep Diving Instructor or equivalent.
- Be a Diver Stress and Rescue Instructor or equivalent.
- Be a Science of Diving Instructor.
- Be certi ed in Advanced Wreck Diving.
- Provide their own Extended Range NitroxTotal Diving System.
- Complete the Extended Range Instructor Assessment Form and provide proof of the required teaching and diving experience.
- Open Water Dives: 2 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 40m
- Suggested Duration: 20 hours
Classroom academics session will be held at Divemaster Scuba.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village on a Friday evening at 7:30pm or alternate venues may be discussed.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the first part of the academic development. The Pool session will contain the swim test and development of trim, buoyancy and propulsion. 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with further a academic development session to be scheduled. Thorough de-briefing and feedback will be given at the end of each day.
Course content will cover:
A review of all XR Standards and all SSI Dive Center/Resort Standards.
Complete the XR Wreck Diving Instructor nal exam with a passing score of 90%.
Complete the XR Water Fitness Evaluation.
Complete an appropriate equipment assembly workshop.
A dive planning session.
A confined water session that includes the presentation and the evaluation of all water skills required in the XR Wreck Diving program. All skills must be to demonstration standard.
While acting as an instructor, plan and conduct at least two dives from the XR Wreck Diving program. During the dive, the candidate will supervise an assistant or another Instructor candidate acting as the student during the training dive.
Demonstrate the ability to rescue an unconscious diver by traveling horizontally for 10 meters, then bringing the diver to the surface from a depth of between 5m and 10m.
For Extended Range Instructors or higher with the Technical Wreck Diving certification:
An active status Extended R ange Instructor or higher who has a Technical Wreck Diving certification may be automatically upgraded to XR Wreck Diving Instructor.
The candidate must submit a request to the SSI Service Center or to an Extended Range International Training Director, and must submit copies of relevant certifications.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Active status XR Wreck Diving Instructors may teach, supervise and issue certifications for the following program: XR Wreck Diving