This program provides an in-depth and detailed study of physics, physiology, decompression theory, the aquatic environment and diving equipment. It is required training for most SSI Dive Professional programs, as well as some Extended Range programs. You will earn the SSI Science of Diving Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 10
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver
- Academic Sessions: Online learning
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: optional
- Open Water Dives: optional
- Suggested Duration: 12 - 20 hours
You will be sent an e-mail allowing access to the SSI online academics you can use a computer or any digital device to login, update your profile and start the learning process. The multimedia academics with videos and multiple choice questions keep learning fun and ensure you are perfectly prepared for your water sessions.
Some specialties have no dives so classroom sessions will be scheduled to suit your calendar. We will teach you everything there is to know to dive safely and comfortably in your chosen subject area.
All sessions are followed thorough debriefing and discussion about your performance helping you learn. On successful completion you will be issued with a certificate of completion and a digital recognition rating (via MySSI App).
As with all Divemaster Scuba Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- Instructor time is included
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
As with all of our programs this course can be offered as an exclusive 1 on 1 program.