The SSI XR Sidemount Diving program provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct extended range dives, using sidemount equipment configurations and techniques, within the depth limits allowed by their certification levels, and with an equally- or more-qualified buddy.
- Certification Prerequisites: Minimum age: 16 years old, be an Open Water Diver or higher
- 1 Classroom Session
- 1 Confinded Session
- Open Water Dives: 4 dives (2 days)
- Maximum Training Depth: 12m
- Suggested Duration: 16 hours
All dives must be completed using one of the following configurations:
A complete XR Sidemount Total Diving System, appropriate for single gas switch, accelerated decompression diving.
One stage cylinder and stage regulator, oxygen cleaned as required.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the first part of the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and development of trim, buoyancy and propulsion. 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with further an academic development session to be scheduled. Thorough de-briefing and feedback will be given at the end of each day.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Extended Range (with or without Trimix) certification entitles the holder to dive using specialised diving equipment and procedures to depths of up to 45m and requiring staged decompression stops of no longer than 25 minutes, providing that dives are conducted in environments similar to those of the diver's training and experience.